Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Yearbook

I’m looking for this book for I know it’s here or there
Lost in thought, a chapter sought, a story I wish to share

It’s on a page but not the first, most certainly not the last
Written in time with ink so fine, a portal in to the past

With friendship key in hand, this book was locked up tight
Cast upon a dusty shelf to be read when time was right

Time…resting so quiet, time…resting in ages
Time gently overflowed, penned on picture pages

I know just how it goes, well the beginning anyways
Years before, before we swore, we’d be settled in our ways

It won’t be word for word for its been ten years and ten
So walk with me through the pages… Do you remember when?

Aha! I found the book, hidden right in sight so plain
My fingers fumble to grasp it tight from whence this book did came

I know there are chapters missing… My mind will never forget
Stories lost forever, torn by Tragedy and Regret

In the back, if memory serves, were pages left pristine
This was where we wrote our future in chapters yet unseen

So take this aged key that I’ve kept for twenty years
Take this book and cherish lives it's bound and held so dear

Now go unlock and reminisce, never forget the lines you’ve read
Like High School friends and sad good byes that were better left unsaid

No comments: